Julie 101: Blogging, cooking, servicing, healthifying, growing, financializing, organizing, designing, exploring, primping and playing!
A few weeks ago, one of my favorite blogs, The Small Things Blog, posted about this service called Birchbox – “Four to five hand-picked deluxe samples delivered to your door for $10 per month”. After reading her rave reviews about everything from the price to the packaging to the products, I decided to give it a shot. When you sign up, you choose areas of beauty and healthcare that are relevant to you, so your Birchbox is customized to your interests (not the same Birchbox goes to every customer). If you like the products, you can purchase them through the Birchbox store – and every purchase earns you Birchbox Points that can be used toward more full-size product. Sweet!
Lo and behold, when my first Birchbox arrived in the mail, it was in a beautiful, sturdy cardboard box with the logo in a hot pink foil stamp. Inside was packaged just as nicely, in pink tissue paper and black grosgrain ribbon.
It seems there is a “theme” for each month’s box – the title of October’s was “Prep & Finish”. Here is a photo of what I received in my Birchbox:
1. Befine Lip Exfoliator – $25.00 – “A lip-healing wonder: Befine’s gentle Lip Exfoliator soughs away flakes and cracks to leave lips velvety” – TRUE.
2. Caudalie Vinoperfect Cell Renewal Night Cream – $68.00 (ouch) – A rich moisturizer that uses a patented grape compound to exfoliate and brighten skin so that you wake up looking perky. – TRUE. and AWESOME.
3. Laura Geller Spackle Tinted Under Makeup Primer in Bronze – $25.00 -This hydrating primer gives you a flawless foundation for makeup – plus a subtle glow. It works on all skin tones, we tested it! – I’ve never used a primer before, so I don’t have a base of reference – it seemed very thin to me, and I didn’t have a noticable glow. Could be user error, but not really a fan of this one.
4. Orofluido Beauty Elixer – $29.99 – We don’t know what we love more – this hair treatment’s trio of nourishing essential oils (argan, linseed, cyperus) or its intoxicating vanilla amber scent. – I haven’t tried this yet, but am looking forward to it at least for the smell!
5. Oribe Shampoo & Conditioner for Beautiful Color – This ultra luxe duo doesn’t just stop hair color from fading; it also replenishes dehydrated strands and adds a glossy sheen. – Haven’t tried this one yet either, I’m hoping to dye my hair back to its natural color (again) soon, and then will test it out.
Can’t wait for next month’s to come!