Julie 101: Blogging, cooking, servicing, healthifying, growing, financializing, organizing, designing, exploring, primping and playing!
After a difficult past couple of months, I am once again relaxed and ready to blog! Needless to say that “6:30 Shutdown” thing didn’t apply for the last few weeks, but I’m making an effort to give it a go again, and have been successful all week!
Here’s an update on my 101 List:
15. Pay off car loan – WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!
18. Sell Queen Anne’s Secretary desk
28. Grow an herb garden and a vegetable other than upside-down tomatoes -My vegetable garden this year was so great! That post is in the works.
39. Update Dad’s Handyman Business website with more imagery and image rotator – Waiting for more pictures from dad, but check it out! http://www.dkhandyman.com
79. Explore two states I’ve never been to (1/2 – Maine, Virginia) Technically, I’ve been to both – but I was young, and don’t remember anything. Mark and I went to Maine in early June to explore Acadia National park (it was cold and mostly wet, but we had a great time and plan to go back next year!). Then in early October, we went to Shenandoah National Park for a week – it wasn’t as breathtaking as Acadia, but it was still nice to be out in nature with no electronics and to just relax. We’re hoping to hit the Smoky Mountains next summer as well – then we’ll have to start really planning to visit more National Parks further west!
44. Lose 15 pounds (0/15) – Without going into too much detail… when I’m in a relationship I tend to cook, which leads to eating,which leads to …. backsliding in the weight loss department. We’re both feeling a little tubby lately so I’m renewing my commitment to a healthy, exercise-full life!
CROSSING OFF AS INCOMPLETE:
The idea of these items were to make a habit out of them – I missed a few in there, so I can’t really call the entire item complete:
2. Write in blog at least once per week for one year (1/52)
10. Cook a dinner with BFF Caitlin for our parents each year (0/3)
13. Save $200 every month (1/36)
29. See at least one concert per month for a year (0/12)
30. Go one entire day without complaining, once a month (0/36)
50. See doctors annually: Eye doctor, OB/GYN, Dentist, Dermatologist, Family Doctor (0/15)
78. Go camping at least 3 times per year (1/9 Maine Aug.’11, Maine May ’12, Shenandoah October ’12)
80. Have at least 4 girls-nights per year (4/12)
86. Get 4 pedicures per year (0/12)
95. Donate blood as much as possible for one year (0/6)
55. Update Weight Watchers Plan Manager every day for one month (0/30) – I quit Weight Watchers. I know the general principles, and was paying money for an online tool I wasn’t using.
32. Learn how to play the guitar and memorize 10 songs (0/10) – No longer living in a home with a guitar, or a dad to teach me guitar. Boooo.
40. Take a basic Flash class – Flash is basically irrelevant now that HTML5 and jQuery are on the scene