Julie 101: Blogging, cooking, servicing, healthifying, growing, financializing, organizing, designing, exploring, primping and playing!
2013 is gearing up to be a great year for music! Here are some tracks and happenings from around the web, from some of my favorite artists.
1. Minnesota indie band Low have a new album coming out in mid-March (their 10th album!), called The Invisible Way. The first track off the album is called Just Make It Stop and you can listen to it here.
2. If you know me, you know I’m a big (BIG) fan of Sufjan Stevens. While he’s not really known to anyone that listens to the radio, or Top 40, a track of his (“Redford (For Yia-Yia & Pappou)” )recently was used as the song in a Redbull commercial that is all over TV.
3. David Bowie is back (!!!). Not glam Ziggy Stardust Bowie, but still Bowie. With an album coming out in the US on March 12, “Where Are We Now?” is the first track to be released. And while this video FREAKS. ME. OUT, the song is pretty nice. I recommend pushing play and then closing your eyes, or opening a different browser tab.
4. The Postal Service are reuniting! No details yet, but The Postal Service are reuniting!
5. Did anyone see Django Unchained? In true Tarantino fashion, there were a lot of surprises – including a lot of the movie. Although there were the token Ennio Morricone tracks sprinkled throughout, there were also some rap tracks thrown in by Rick Ross and Tupac with James Brown – which, when paired up with the visuals of slavery-era Mississipi, made for an unexpected and delightful experience. (There was also some Jim Croce in there – again, unexpected but totally perfect)
6. John Talabot and Pional have joined forces for their own version of a song from tourmates the xx. (via Pitchfork.com)