Birchbox went through a rebrand that they announced this month – I really like what they’ve done! In addition, this month’s box, “Wanderlust”, was an overall hit. Here’s what I got
- Birchbox + Color Club – Wanderlust Collection, “USA” nail polish (regular price $8.00) – I have to say that out of the 4 exclusive nail colors Birchbox has been promoting the heck out of this is the one I really didn’t want. Not because I won’t use it, but because I have two or three other bottles of this color from other brands. Also, the description says “exclusive neon pastel shades inspired by four of our favorite cities” – does that look neon to you? I was really hoping for the green (U.K.) or the pink (Spain). At $8.00 a bottle, if the quality is good I might spring for them.
- Miss Jessie’s Original Jelly Soft Curls (regular price $14.00) – promises to leave curls defined and crunch-free. I’ll probably take this on my next camping trip so I don’t have to deal with a hair dryer.
- Oscar de la Renta – “Something Blue” perfume sample (regular price $85- $115) not horrible, not great. I’ll use it in a travel bag.
- SW Basics Peppermint Lip Balm (regular price $15.00) – I was disappointed to see this, because I’m pretty loyal to SoftLips. But WOW!!! This is incredibly moisturizing, doesn’t gum up the way other chap sticks have on me, and has only 4 ingredients (and I know what all of them are!) This is definitely my favorite thing in the box this month!
- Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics Hi-Definition Hydrating Mineral Perfecting Powder (regular price $36.00) – I have something exactly the same by Elf (which was $3.00), but it does help keep shine levels in check so I like to wear it when I go out. Again, this will be a travel bag item since the Elf one is huge.
- [Lifestyle Extra] Tweezerman Itty Bitty Nail Files (regular price $5.00) – Am I a loser if this is my second favorite thing in the box? I’m constantly getting snags or little tears in my nails, and since they’re finally growing beautifully (thanks to Biotin!) I want to keep them in top shape, with minimal breakage. There are like 12 files in here, and they slide into the box like a matchbox, for super easy purse-carrying. There was even a little spongy buffer pad in the bottom of it. They’re not the best files ever, but for a quick fix when I’m out of the house, these will be great!
Overall box value this month: $163 (!!!) – a subscription is just $10.00, you guys. This is my favorite subscription ever – if you’d like to sign up for a subscription, please use my referral link! http://birch.ly/12h4V2I